Student Accident Insurance is designed to provide coverage for student injuries and accidents. Coverage is available to all students who may become injured during normal operational hours, as well as during school supervised after-school activities and summer sessions.
Student Accident Coverage is an accident policy and does not replace a parent’s major medical insurance. The plan pays secondary to other insurance, including parent’s major medical coverage. It is designed to help pay items such as deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and many other out-of-pocket expenses.
The Student Accident plan is a top-ranked insurance plan in the school community that provides peace of mind and protection to hundreds of thousands of students across the U.S.
TYPICAL COVERAGE BENEFITS
- Covers all students day care and K-12;
- Covers a 12-month period;
- Treatment by a Physician;
- Hospital Services;
- Services of a licensed practical nurse or RN;
- Use of an operating room, anesthesia (including administration thereof), laboratory services;
- Use of an ambulance;
- Use of an Ambulatory Surgical/Medical Center;
- If ordered by a Physician, prescription medicines, drugs, or any other therapeutic services or supplies;
- Injuries must be reported within 90 days of incident.
* This is a generic summary of typical coverage benefits. Please see the school’s policy for exact plan details and coverages.